Saturday, January 17, 2009

Last night Andrew and I went out for a date to the San Jose Improv.  Eddie Griffin was performing - he was in the TV series Malcom & Eddie, and a bunch of movies, including Deuce Bigalow.  We had so much fun!  We usually go to dinner and movie, so it was great to mix it up a bit.  Eddie was pretty funny, but he used the N-word and Mother F-er at least twice in every sentence.  I'm not sensitive to that kind of stuff, but it does start to get a little confusing when every noun in a sentence is one of those two words.  It was definitely something we will do again - laughter is really great for the soul.  

A random funny...  Tonight in the car we were talking about Star Wars with Matthew.  He has tons of questions about everything in the movie, including "why is Chewbacca good?" and "why does Darth Vader talk funny," and so on.  He's never seen the movie, and won't for a while but he loves to ask questions about all the movies he hasn't seen.  Near the end of the conversation, Matthew says, "do you want to know which guys I like the best in the movie?"  We say yes, and Matthew responds with, "the white guys."  Andrew and I look at each other both thinking in our minds, "did our son just say a racist remark?"  I mean, I like Han and Luke too, but not just because they're white!  Then Matthew asks why the white guys wear masks, and then it hits us...ahhhh, he's talking about the storm troopers.  Phew...that was a parental relief.  

No comments: