Matthew at times can out-eat any adult. It often surprises me because I can't quite believe that his tummy cannot possibly hold all of the food that he can put into it. Tonight was no exception.
We have developed a wonderful weekly tradition. Every Saturday evening the kids have swimming lessons. Afterward we go to Chili's for dinner. Mommy gets her delicious Blue Pacific Margarita and Daddy gets his tall Guinness. Tonight Matthew ate enough to impress even a professional sport eating champion. He ate an entire kids pizza (which would have been a challenge for any adult to finish off), and his corn on the cob. Then he finished off Kayla's corn dog. Then he proceeded to eat about 20 of my french fries, and about a quarter of my Oldtimer (hamburger) with Cheese. He then further shocked me by deciding to eat the remaining partial tomato slice on my plate and a handful of shredded lettuce bits. This was all washed down by a smoothie and some of Kayla's chocolate shake. Good Lord! I don't know how he does it.
The best part was at the end of the meal when I said, "Wow Matthew, you must have been really hungry." And he replied, "Yeah, I really Hoover-ed that up." Where do they get that stuff?
2 comments:
Hoovered that up? That just made me laugh
That is impressive for sure! And a Hoover...to cute!
Post a Comment