So, the Welshes have been busy as usual. Nothing too exciting, but I'll catch you up on what we've been up to.
Football season is over! Hooray - we have Andrew back. Unfortunately, Andrew's team didn't make the playoffs this year. It's what you would kindly refer to as a building year (no size, and little talent - not a good combination). People always ask if I am happy when they don't make the playoffs because the season is over sooner. Actually, no. Andrew and the other coaches (and the players, too) put in so much time and effort into the season that you really want them to do well. Adding a couple more weeks of playoffs to the end of the season isn't a big deal when you've already survived three months worth of it. Andrew and I are always glad when the season is over, though, no matter how the team does. It's REALLY nice to have him around again on the weekends.
We celebrated Andrew's birthday last weekend and this weekend. Now for the next two weeks I can say that he is a "year" older than me.
We bought mattresses for the kids, and Kayla moved to a "big girl bed" this weekend. She is so excited to be growing up, and I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet. We had to get extra long twin mattresses for our kids because a twin bed is only 6'2" long, and for 90% of the population this would probably work fine, but these are Welsh kids we're talking about. I think Matthew will definitely be over 6' tall, and Kayla may even hit the 6' mark herself.
Matthew graduated from his first round of ice skating lessons. He has really gotten the hang of it. He's taking the second level now, and then he can sign up for hockey when he turns 5. Although now he says what he really wants to do is play baseball. He is very excited about being able to play t-ball on a team this year, and I must admit I'm looking forward to watching him play, too.
Andrew and I are looking forward to having 2 full weeks off at the end of this year. We have this time off every year, and it's always a great time for us to hang out as a family, after a very busy Fall. We usually keep the kids in daycare for a couple of days the first week so we can shop for gifts, see movies, clean the garage, and just hang out together. Can't wait for some time off!
So much to do before then...so little time.
1 comment:
I bet you are ready for life to slow down a bit:) How fun for you guys to both have 2 weeks off over the holidays! I'm jealous:) Mike & I are heading to Vegas for 3 nights after New Years for an adult getaway:)
Post a Comment