Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Random Stuff

Appraisal came through for our new house today, and the house appraised for more than we paid.  Hooray!  Loan is all secured, although it would make you sick if you knew how much.  We close escrow on May 25th, and move in mid-June.

Starting to pick out paint colors for the kids rooms.  Matthew wants orange and blue, and Kayla wants pink and yellow.  So, I'm trying to think of creative ways to make that all work.  I decided on a craft project for Kayla's room, and I announced to Andrew that I had an idea for a project for Kayla's room.  I laughed when I saw the expression on his face:  it was, "oh God what has she gotten us into now?"  Thankfully he puts up with me, because I'm constantly coming up with "ideas" or "projects" and they often involve his help in some way.  Poor Andrew, he just never knows what's coming when I say "I have a great idea..."

Matthew is doing great at his new school.  However, he announced today that he isn't going to make any more friends than the ones he already has from his baseball team (they also go to his new school).  I tried to explain to him that all the kids at his new school are the kids he's going to be with for the rest of his school years, so he can go ahead and make lots of new friends.  He wasn't buying it - he doesn't seem to believe that we're not going to move again.  I'm quite sure we've traumatized him with this whole moving business - jury is still out on how much.  If only we could explain how much better it will be.

No comments: