Saturday, March 20, 2010

Headed in the right direction...

Matthew had his first baseball game today. It was really fun! He played great, and I must admit I had a lot of pride when the coaches said, "back up for this kid, he knows how to hit!" That's my boy!

Another thing that was great were the parents. I know it sounds strange, but it is such a change for us! Last year Matthew played T-ball in our old neighborhood, and the parents were not very outgoing. I couldn't tell you a single parents name because barely anyone talked to us. The team coach had to beg Andrew to help because no one else would.

Fast forward to today...tons of parents, everyone is friendly and outgoing, and all of the dads are helping out. Now it may seem strange to some of you that have that naturally in your neighborhood, but it is such a welcome change for us. We really were starting to think that after 8 years of trying and not finding hardly anyone in our neighborhood that wanted to be friends, that it had to be us. There must be something wrong with us! But now it is becoming clear that our neighborhood just sucked.

So, it gives me hope that this crazy path we've taken may just pay off. I'm feeling really good about our choice right now. A crazy financial choice, yes, but a life changing choice.

We also got a lead on a potential house today from one of the parents on the baseball team, and it would be the perfect house for us (right size, right price, perfect location). I know it's crazy to get our hopes up, but I'm feeling rather positive today. Maybe it's the margs from dinner or the yummy wine in my hand right now.

I don't know where we'll end up, but something keeps telling us that we're at least headed in the right direction.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Melissa - I know you guys have made such a great decision for your family. I know that a house is just a house - it's the neighbors/friends that you meet that make all the difference. We have been so blessed living in our neighborhood - and you guys are gonna find the same thing!